Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wow.
I just finished a skype conversation with the president of the Walk To Remember in Colorado.
I have 3 1/2 pages of chicken scratched notes.  She gave me tons of great info, ideas, resources, tips, etc., to go through and ponder.  She is a professional event planner so super organized and knows all the ins & outs of putting something like this on.
They have about 1000 people in attendance at their walk, so my scale will be about a tenth of hers (or so I'm hoping!) but definitely a great conversation to help me along.  Here is their event if you want to check it out: www.walktoremember.org
They focus more on providing resources and care for grieving families then fundraising.  I would really love to do it all: fundraising, provide resources & care packages, retail options, auctions, education, ongoing care - like sending out cards on the babies "angel date" to the families who attend! (I think that was one of my favorite ideas from them!), but I know I need to start small and work my way up so it's just a matter of figuring out more of my focus and what is most important.
I'm glad I had a nap this afternoon, I'm thinking I'm going to be working late tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. So incredibly excited for you, Jen!! I love that you have support there and people excited for this to develop and take place. I'm excited that we can have a part and cheer you on. I love that you're not giving up!

    ReplyDelete