Thursday, March 22, 2012

What we've done so far {Part Three}

It dawned on me yesterday that I'm no longer in the beginning/start-up phase.  This thing is really going to happen.  I'm just beginning to enter the thick of it.

My sponsor letters have been out for over a month and I have received a few phone calls and a few letters in the mail.  3 companies/Dr's have stepped up to sponsor me financially (so, so overwhelmed and grateful!!!) and a few others have agreed to donate their time and products as well as help spreading the news!  The most exciting and overwhelming supporter called yesterday to say he/they want to be our 'title supporter' and above supporting us financially they are paying for all our printing needs AND he said next time I'm in Kelowna, to come meet with him and we'll talk more...!!!

It's so crazy.

A few months ago I felt like I was just a dreamer, but now I feel like trying to hold the reigns of something that's really taking off!  I know (without a doubt!) that this work is not by any means 'me'.  God has really showed me this is going to happen and he just need me to do a little grunt work.  I pray that I will take no pride in this and just give HIM all the praise!!
It's exciting!  It's scary!!!  It's stretching! :/ It's humbling but SO amazing!!!

I'm still working on getting our website going.  I sent out emails this morning to find a designer for the website as well as the design for all the pamphlets and printed material.  (I'm not super computer smart but I think those are called 'web & graphic design'....?)

The group that has come along beside me to help with the financial part of this event has given me the go ahead to start purchasing stuff and they will just reimburse me.  So, I'm thinking of working on all the favors, ribbons, etc.  All the little fiddly (but fun!) stuff that I most likely won't have time to do when this new sweet little babe comes ;)

I have no idea how many people to prepare for.  The one in Edmonton I attended were expecting 75 the first year and 400 came!  So, maybe I should expect 100 but plan for 200?  250?

I have a few more e-mails to send out this morning - better get at it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment