Well, I had been meaning to get out sponsor letters mid January but after some procrastination (or as I'd like to call it - morning sickness :) and some minor setbacks I didn't get them out till mid February. But they are out there!
I thought people might be a bit more receptive if there was a personal connection involved so I got a babysitter and spend a day running around to various businesses in Kelowna hand delivering my letters.
There were a few cold responses, two REALLY great & warm responses, and for the most part, a good acceptance.
Thankful!
Yesterday I got my first donation in the mail!!!
So excited!
I also got a few phone calls so far with some promising supporters and donations, so am grateful for the so far positive response.
Next on the list is to finalize some wording on our website and hopefully get that up and going in the next little while. As well as get some conversations going in the media dept. That one scares me a bit (a lot!) but I think I have a few people who can help me out in that area. I'm not a overly vocal or confident kind of girl so I guess I should be thankful for the character building :)
One of my setbacks I mentioned earlier was deciding whether to become a society or finding an organization to back me up. I did some research in becoming a society but there were a lot of headaches that I didn't want to add on my plate this year, so will put that on the back burner for now. The Kelowna Hospital Foundation was promising to begin with in helping with fundraising and some of the costs but in the end were unable to take donations for our use so I had to search other avenues. Thankfully the people at 'The Compassion Friends of Canada (Kelowna chapter)' are willing to accept donations for the walk and for our use so am VERY grateful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment